Homemade Shea Butter Moisturizer and Masks
Shea Butter makes an incredible moisturizer or mask for every woman’s skin and hair. Shea butter moisturizers and masks can be applied in the summer and the winter seasons. The skin and hair best absorbs these and other moisturizers right after a bath or shower. When moisturizing directly following a shower, you are locking extra moisture from your shower, as well as, reaping the moisturizing benefits of the shea butter.
Shea butter is an inexpensive and highly effective option, when it comes to breathing new life into skin and hair. Shea butter is chock full of vitamins and mineralsthat nourish and heal skin and hair damage. Shea butter can soothe and (or) alleviate the following skin and hair problems:
- Dry skin and cracks:Drying of the skin that can happen year-round can be lessened or alleviated through the use of shea butter at least once a week.
- Tough or rough skin:Elbows, knees, and feet are the hardest parts of the body to keep moisturized and healthy. The effects of shea butter are intensely hydrating, causing even these problems to disappear with regular use.
- Sun burn, wind burn, insect bites, and skin rashes:Moisture is one of the key things injured skin needs. Shea butter has soothing and healing properties that are gentle enough to not cause further damage and irritation like many moisturizers can.
- Blemishes and wrinkles: Keeping skin moisturized can help prevent the signs of aging and eliminate blemishes. Shea butter can give you both along with a gorgeous glow when used regularly.
- Dry, damaged hair: Hair can end up damaged and unhealthy so easily because of weather, heat from styling, coloring, etc. Shea butter can revive lifeless, rough hair and make its shiny and full again.
There are many ways to create moisturizers and masks using shea butter. You can mix in any number of equally moisturizing and calming ingredients, such as, olive oil, avocado, and oatmeal. The simplest way to make use of shea butter is to soften a generous amount in the microwave. Once at a safe temperature, smooth it over your skin and work it through your hair from root to tip. Leave on for at least ten minutes. Rinse and enjoy your beautifully moisturized skin and hair.