Pirate Make Up
Dressing up for costume parties is great fun, especially if you have the supplies on hand to make your very own costume. You don’t have to wait for Halloween to roll around to have an excuse to throw a costume party, just think up a theme and challenge everyone to show up with their version of that look. An easy theme to try is a pirate look, especially if you’re throwing your party at the beach, or on a boat.
Steps for a Pirate Make Up-
- Starting with a clean, moisturized and primed face, apply your foundation to even out your skin tone. Pirates tend to have a dewy complexion, compared to perfectly matte and powdered, so you might consider blending your foundation with a bit of moisturizer for lighter coverage.
- Now it’s time to add some color to your cheeks. To give yourself a nice, ruddy tan apply bronzer in those areas where the sun would normally land, such as your cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. The idea is to look weathered, not perfect.
- For centuries, khol has been used to protect the eyes from the harsh rays of the sun, this is what gives pirates that sloppy, smokey eyed look. You can mimic this look with a heavy layer of eyeliner on the top and bottom lash line, smudged out a bit with a charcoal or dark brown shadow. Again, you’re going for weathered, not sultry bar wench – that’s a different costume completely!
- Keep the rest of your face simple, next to your sloppy smokey look too much additional color will look clownish. Instead, apply just a hint of blush to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy flush, and apply your favorite lip balm to your lips.
- This sloppy, weathered, smokey eyed look works for males as well. Especially since you’re not going for the sexy pirate lass look. Add in a few scars and an eyepatch and you fellas are ready to plunder some booty.
- Let your hair flow in loose, tumbling waves. Spray a bit of dry shampoo on your locks to give your hair some texture, the curl random sections around a curling iron to create a beachy look.
- A bandanna, some beads in your hair, along with other trinkets, and a tricorn captain’s hat will complete the top half of your pirate look.
- The rest of the costume is quite easy, all you need is a white t-shirt, topped with a black tank top. Cut some slashes in the tank top to give it the look of a pirate’s vest. Pair this with some black pants or leggings, a pair of knee-high boots, and your weapon of choice.