Make Up For Dry Skin
People who have dry skin tend to dread applying makeup because the result tends to aggravate the condition, causing skin to look even more dry and flaky. Winter weather is no help, because it leaves pretty much everyone with dry skin woes. You don’t have to suffer! Plenty of products will moisturize your skin, leaving you with a natural, dewy glow, and better yet it won’t cause breakouts for you ladies with acne-prone skin.
Dry Skin Basics: Skin care basics for dry weather:
- Phillips Milk of Magnesia – This is a great primer for areas where you produce excess oil, like the nose area.
- Cetaphil – Extremely moisturizing, and it won’t break you out. Apply this as a moisturizer and let it rest for about ten minutes.
- Monistat Chafing Gel – Yes, it’s advertized as an intimate feminine product for the bikini area, but that’s all trivial considering you’re covered with the same skin from head to toe. For dry skin this is an excellent primer that also moisturizes, the silicone based formula is very similar to Photo Finish by Smashbox.
- Creamy Concealer – When combating dry skin, it’s important to use creamy products, even concealer.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation blended with Mac Fix Plus Spray – Mixing your foundation with the Fix Plus is important, because the Colorstay is a long-wearing foundation that has a tendency to be drying. The addition of Fix Plus will make your foundation more hydrating. Apply your foundation with your fingers instead of brush, buffing your face with a foundation brush will just aggravate your dry skin even more. Follow this same process with a foundation two shades darker than your skin tone, applied along the edges of your face, hollows of your cheeks, and temples, for an instant bronzed look without the need of a powdered bronzer.
- Lara Geller Banish and Brighten – This very creamy, very moisturizing product acts as a concealer and brightener all in one. Apply under your eyes to hide dark circles, or anywhere you could use some highlight.
All of this will give you a dewy, natural glow that looks healthy, radiant and moisturized. Use cream blushes and other creamy products to keep your skin hydrated, and set with a minimal amount of powder. Spritz your face with a bit of the Fix Plus and you’re ready for the day!