Make Up To Erase Dark Circles
Most people suffer from dark eye circle because of lack of sleep, genetics, stress or health problems. Short of seeking medical help you can conceal the dark circles with either home remedies, or by applying layers of concealer and eye make-up. The tender area beneath your eyes can benefit from both methods, especially if you’re focusing on moisturizing the area and nourishing the skin.
- Combine ½ tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice, half a peeled cucumber and one peeled potato in a blender or food processor. Blend into a smooth paste and cool in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. Apply to discolored areas with a q-tip or cotton swap, rest for fifteen minutes and rinse.
- Slices of cucumber, and slices of potato, placed over the eyes for 15 minutes will diminish redness and puffiness. Doing this twice a day is even better. If you don’t want to alternate slices of cucumber and potato, grate some of each into a paper coffee filter, squeeze out excess liquid fold the whole into a handy triangle to place over your eyes.
- Mash up the tip of banana and smear beneath your eyes, leave on overnight. Don’t want to waste the rest of that banana? Eat it! Or mash up the whole banana and freeze it for later use.
- Cool tea bags. Simply immerse bags in cold water for 10 minutes then place over your eyes for fifteen minutes.
- Drink plenty of water, get the recommended amount of sleep, avoid stress, and say “no” to alcohol and sweets. The best cure for dark circles is prevention. Moisturize regularly and eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Just as you use a primer on your lid to avoid the creasing and cracking of your eye shadow, you can use it under your eye as well to set the base for your concealer.
- Know what to look for in a color corrector, and select something specific for your needs. Dark circles tend to consist of purples and blues, which are best counteracted with peachy and apricot colors. Fair skin ladies will want something with rosey, pink bases.
- Orange-tinted correctors work great for women with darker skin tones. The effect is dramatically different than what you may expect, the orange tones completely neutralizes the shadows and makes both corrector and dark circle disappear.
- Apply corrector with a concealer brush, only in the area of discoloration and blend lightly. Finish with your favorite concealer.
- Concealer should be creamy and nourishing. Always use a different type of concealer under your eyes than you would use on the rest of your face to hide blemishes. Dot on concealer and gently blend either with a light tapping of your ring finger, or with a fluffy brush to gently buff concealer into place.
- Brightening the area under your eyes doesn’t end with the half-moon directly under your eyes, it also includes the area along the bridge of your nose and cheek bones as well, so dab on a little concealer here as well, and set in place with a yellow-tinted translucent powder applied with a fluffy crease brush.
A combination of home remedies and cosmetics can dramatically reduce your dark circles, dramatically increasing your self-confidence as a result. Keep your eyes looking bright with a single shade of eyeshadow in a soft, neutral hue.